Friday, June 26, 2009

Angelica Houston in 3D

Today is an appropriate day for another music related post. Growing up I was extremely fortunate in that I got to go to Disney World all the time. I remember back when I was somewhere between 2 and 4, before we moved to Podunk, and my Mom was counting down the days with me for the first time I was going to go, although that was to Disney Land in California but it's close enough. I even have a faint memory of the plane ride.

Epcot is typically my favorite of the parks. The Magic Kingdom is great for the Disney Characters, but I always like seeing all the countries at Epcot. And I will always remember seeing Captain EO in 3D. It was so cool. At the beginning you were flying through space and they ran into a meteor shower, and it looked like they were going to crash into you. And at the end there was this spider lady who terrified me, but I quickly learned that if I took off the glasses she would become a blurry mess. I even remember standing in line to go on that "ride" the second time because I so excited.

My point is that Michael Jackson rocked, and his death is so sad. I was really looking forward to seeing his new concerts in London.

Music is important. I think everyone should be able to play an instrument. It's just something everyone should know, even if it's nothing more than banging out a scale. And nowadays there are free lessons all over the internet, and books at libraries. My favorite instruments are the piano, guitar, and harmonica. But I only play the piano. I'm trying to learn the guitar but I'm not as consistent with it as I should be. Harmonicas are cool because of the great sounding blues they can produce.

Today I thought I'd change things up a bit, and post a video. For now I wanted to keep it simple since this is my first video and I wasn't sure how to set everything up right, both in terms of filming and in getting it online. I'm just using my digital camera here so it's nothing amazing, but it's still a lot of fun seeing myself on the bigscreen.

This is also on YouTube. I thought I was going to have to go through there to get it posted here, but apparently I was wrong. If this works, I'm really impressed that Blogger lets the user upload to its databases, because the limit appears to not be with the quantity of videos but rather to the individual size (100 MB). If you'd like to see this on YouTube, you can find me here:

www.youtube.com/user/reggyro

0 comments: