Monday, September 7, 2009

Bright Blue By-product

A while back I wrote about one of my more inspired ideas. Last Friday I had another such idea. This time someone in the building I work in brought in a big basket full of tomatoes from the garden, and I swipped one. After work, I found my arms were full with my all the items I wanted to leave with, and carrying the tomato was becoming difficult. Then I had the sensational idea to put the tomato into one of the tubawares I had stored my lunch in earlier in the day. I was so proud, you don't have to store only your lunch in tubawares. You can put a whole slew of things in them. Now that's thinking outside the box. Hah, that's funny, cause tubaware's a box. Whew.

Unfortunately, the other day I saw a un-sensational idea. While I was at Mass the other day I needed to tinkle and I went to the restroom. And there in the urinal was a piece of gum someone had spit out. I'll never understand this phenomenon. The urinal is not a gum disposal system. But for whatever the reason people seem to think it is. People say I'm unempathetic but this is a mis-characterization. Take this case for example. I would never spit my gum into the urinal because I'd feel bad for the guy who has to reach in there to pick it out. But at the same time maybe I am unempathetic afterall because I cannot figure out any possible reason why someone would think it's a good idea in the first place. Then I tried to think about the possibility that maybe it fell out of the person's mouth. Maybe they got shocked or awed at some incredible sight. Like maybe they had blue tinkle or something. I imagine if I had blue tinkle my jaw would probably be dropping too. Or maybe they were doing something slightly unorthodox whilst standing there, someone walked in on them, and in their shock the gum fell out. I could definitely see that happening. But at the same time, even if the gum fell in accidentally, the person should take a paper towel and fish it out. Oh what a tragedy the world is coming to these days.

0 comments: