Sunday, May 2, 2010

Cards

This video is the opening credits to an HBO show called "Carnivale". That inspired me to try out something like it.

A while back, I found a set of playing cards at that store with the soap The playing cards are a reprint from a deck made in the 1800s, and are called a transformation deck. A transformation deck is where all the pips, which is the collective name for the clubs, hearts, diamonds, and spades, are all incorporated into an art piece. Practically the deck is almost worthless because it takes too long to figure out what card you're holding, but the art itself is really cool so it all balances out. Anyway, I thought it would be cool to take some of the art on those cards and make my own movie. To make it play, you have to click anywhere on the image that has color. Note I've found that it sometimes nothing appears on the screen. If that happens try refreshing.

0 comments: