Saturday, May 8, 2010

Family Time

Today my family got together in Indianapolis to celebrate Mother's Day. Based on last year's success we thought to try and have a repeat performance this year. I was happy because it saved me a long drive home, and they were happy because they get to see me, which is always a treat.

I had the idea of eating at Bucca De Beppo this year. Last year we went to a Mongolian barbecue. It was tasty and Mom had never been there before. This year I wanted to switch things a little bit. Bucca De Beppo is right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis which is sort of neat because we don't go to many large cities very often.

After a too big meal we went over the mall where I bought my suit last weekend. We watched the 3D TV at the Sony Store, and stood in shock at the sight of a $228 Hawaiian shirt at one of the designer stores. Dad had thought the shirt would be around $100. Then I took them over to Nordstrom to show them my suit and look for a tie. They very much liked my suit, and while we were looking at it they met the guy who helped me out last week. I told him I wanted to look at ties and he showed me where they were. At this point he made the mistake of trying to help me. Everything he pulled out Mom said "absolutely not", "that's gross" or some other variation. The guy started laughing because he remembered from last time me telling him how Mom and Brittany tend to point and laugh at some of my clothing choices. In fact they did it earlier that day. Apparently they felt my pant legs were too high. Maybe they shrunk in the wash or something, I thought they fit alright when I got them. But I noticed in the Sony store that in the "Thriller" music video Michael Jackson was also wearing flood waters, so if they were good enough for the "King of Pop" they ought to be alright for me.



This picture is also a good illustration of how I approach ladies when I want to ask them out.

Finally I told the salesman there were just too many cooks in the kitchen and he understood that I was telling him to let us be for awhile. We never did pick out a tie. I will just have to surprise them for the wedding.

But going back to the suit. Recall it is light grey with two buttons. While they liked it, Mom and Dad were quick to point out a famous celebrity who wore a very similar looking suit.

0 comments: