Monday, January 4, 2010

Red Eye

Last week I set a new record for the amount of time I wore my contacts in one sitting, putting the time at just under 30 hours. My right eye was fine, however I think I infected my left eye. It got terribly bloodshot, hurt a lot, and kept wanting to close. And so for the next several days, my left eye made me look like a tired druggie, because I could barely keep my eyes open and when they were open the left was bloodshot. I was also not around any sort of real drug store, so to fix the problem I bought a small bottle of 'Cleareyes'. Just as Ben Stein claims, ther redness went away quickly. The pain was still there but even that was slowly starting to ebb away as the days went on.

The reason I had my contacts on for so long was because I bussed on down to a conference in Orlando this past week, and I was entirely too vain to put on my glasses. Afterall, there were going to ladies around and I wanted to look good. So instead, I wound up looking even more creepy than usual and I had to wear my glasses anyway. Oh well.

The conference itself was great. It was put on by a group called FOCUS, which is a Catholic affliated campus missionary group. About 4000 participants attended. The conference hosted a wide variety of talks put on by some pretty big names. For example Archbishop Caput, who has been in the news a lot lately due to Senator Kennedy, gave a talk. Each night of the conference for 1 hour they had free swing dance lessons and on the final night of the conference a swing band came and played for us and there was a big dance. That was a blast. It was funny watching the Friars dance in their robes, and they were really good. Sort of 'Sister Act'ish.

0 comments: