Friday, January 15, 2010

Access Pending

Yesterday I said I was going to sign up on the new more selective website to see what it's all about. After I wrote the post I went ahead and created an account. It's interesting, during the evaluation process, you have full access to the site. So with that in mind I looked around.

The site is essentially Facebook. You can friend people, join groups and discussions. It's made to look very futuristic and there are some interesting features about the site that I wished others made use of. It's like the site is it's own small web browser.

Since the site is so new, there isn't a whole lot of people that have joined. For example, apparently I'm the first one to have signed up where I live. And this site shouldn't be confused with a dating site. It isn't set up for that, or at least not in any meaningful way. The only personal question the site asks about you is whether or not you smoke. The site does allow you to type up some stuff about you, but I've found most people do not bother. Which makes this site seem more like a test ground for people seeing if they can even get accepted rather than a seriously considered area for meeting new people.

The people themselves are all right. Only a few are real knockouts. The most are no different than what you're going to find on the other sites, with the exception that there are indeed no people who are devoid of any redeeming physical qualities.

I still have yet to be officially accepted. So far one person has rated my profile pic (the one I use for this blog), and she gave it a 5.13. According to my sister that's about right, perhaps a bit generous, as I'm somewhere between a 4.5 and a 5.

0 comments: