Monday, September 12, 2011

Swans Are Hard To Name

Growing up, my friends and I had a favorite book.



I think we enjoyed it so much because we really didn't want to read much and this book has fantastic illustrations that contain clues to a mystery. The puzzles are straight forward to solve, but require a good bit of time to both figure them out and even find them since they are hidden on the pages. When we were in the fourth grade, and discovered this book for the first time, it was really fun for us all. There are other books that use the same formula. But the puzzles are meant for adults and are much harder. So hard the fun aspect is sort of removed due to the sheer difficulty.

Despite liking it so much, I never owned a copy. Well the other day I was in a book store and I noticed my childhood page turner on display and was curious to see why this book out of all the others in the store was on a special display. I noticed right away it looked like an old copy, and when I flipped to the beginning I saw that it had been signed. It was a first edition signed copy! For me this was like finding a treasure.

Later I found out that maybe it's not very rare. But nevertheless I am still really happy to have it.

0 comments: