Friday, May 20, 2011

Five out of Six

Apologizes are in order for not getting the third and final post of my mini-saga out on time. Happily I was visiting an old college friend who I haven’t seen in over a year, but sadly I didn’t get back until much past my bedtime and the next day I was traveling back from my business trip. Actually I am here at the airport typing this up, and hoping I can post it tomorrow (Friday).

We left off with Sarah finally calling me to meet up early Sunday afternoon. Since I hadn’t seen her apartment yet, she invited me over to have a look around. Since we live in the same complex I was curious to see her layout. It turns out our apartments are very different. For example she has a fire place and vaulted ceilings. But in the end I prefer mine, which has a wonderful view.

After having a look around, we sat down and talked for the next two hours. And she let me know how her weekend went and where we stood. She told me, she told her ex-boyfriend their relationship was over between them and that she still really wanted to go on a date with me. I could hardly believe it. And for the next two hours we talked about us and her interesting weekend until my friend Will called wanting to get Mexican. Sarah was up for going, remember he was with us for last taco Tuesday, and we went out to join him.

Since it is tasteful Thursday at this point I cannot help but mention the profound sadness Will and I had while eating at this Mexican restaurant. Recently our favorite Mexican restaurant, and in everybody’s opinion who ever ate there, closed its doors. This new place we go to is voted “best Mexican in town”, but Will, myself and everybody who ever at the other restaurant know the truth.

Will frequently comments on his opinion of Sarah and me. He thinks we are great together in terms of chemistry and our interactions. Sarah also approves of Will so for me I am happy that both my friends get along. I think it is important in any relationship that the significant other can be friends with the friends.

After Mexican Sarah and I watched a movie and then called it a night. During this entire time, she made it clear that this was not a date. She wants to be able to dress up on the first date, and since the weather wasn’t very good that day, dressing up was out of the question. So we still have yet to go on our proper first date, but things could hardly be better. And that concludes the three day mini-saga.

In other news, when I checked in at the ticket counter to my surprise my seat is located in first class! I’ve never flown first class before. I wonder if they’ll let me have free drinks and food. If that’s the case I will be asking for Juicy Juice in a glass and an ice-cream cone with sprinkles, but only the yellow ones, so I suppose they’ll just have to sort them out.

0 comments: