Saturday, April 30, 2011

Got To Start Somewhere

Last night the apartment complex I live at had a weenie roast. It started at 5, and my friend who walks around the pond with me wanted to go and was looking for company so we went together. We were the youngest there by 30 years or more but it was a lot of fun, and we ended up leaving just under 3 hours later.

No major horror stories here. I cooked our hotdogs and they came out real good. And we walked around some more. She is incredibly busy with school right now so we sort of talk when opportunities present themselves. It's not like we have any future plans set. But once summer gets here we plan on hanging out more. I am looking forward to that. I have one friend who lives in the complex already and it's fantastic being so close to him. It's sort of like college but with our own places to go to, so we minus all the roommate drama.

In other news, tonight I'm going salsa dancing with my friend who I stood up a few weeks ago. Now I'm all for salsa dancing, but I curious to see how this will go. I find girls can be very different when it comes to dancing. Before I took lessons, it seemed like every girl wanted to dance. Now that I can dance, to some very limited degree, so few girls want to dance. They are all shy and self-conscious. I wonder what happened in the ten or fifteen years since middle school to them. I also find they lose patience quickly. Like if they can't get the basic step immediately they give up and just go do their own thing. Fortunately even if she cannot get the basic step down, the salsa moves can translate easily to something else. So doing our own groove is okay, but I find the super-easily defeated attitude worrisome in general. Overall I think girls love to dance, it's just that they want to move to rhythm as they see fit. The only problem is for us guys who have to try and guess what that rhythm is the girl is feeling. If we could just stick to a style things would be much easier and probably more fun. "Oh I don't want to be limited to one style. I want to be free to do what I want." Well fine, but don't expect the guy to be able to have clue one of that that free-bird style is or how to physically accomplish it. But since this was Lhea's idea I have good hope that she is both excited to dance and motivated to give salsa a real go.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this post. Here's to letting things happen at their own pace!