Saturday, October 30, 2010

That's Brain Damage

When I made it home this weekend, my parents sat me down for lunch. After lunch Dad said get your grungies on we need to go to the river and get some rocks. So Dad, Mom, and I hopped in the van and drove down to the river. They wanted to use the river rocks to make a walkway for their house. I used to go down to this river with my buddies as teenagers. We would drive down and park on the side of the road. As we went today we found that all the old parking spots were inaccessible and signs were up all over the place saying 'No Tresspassing'. So we kept driving and finally we came across a patch that may not have been exactly legal but there were no signs saying as much.

Dad and I hauled in some massive rocks. He thinks they weighed 30 pounds but I think they were much heavier. I can dumbell 30 pounds, and I could barely lift these. But it could be that they were just very awkward to grip because they were so large.
After we got these rocks, Mom looked at the clock which said 3:00 and said we could still take these down to the house today. The house they are referring to is an hour and a half away.

We stopped at home base to get some drinks and magazines and then got back on the road. Finally around 7:30 we make it back into town, and they decide to stop at Menards for wood so Dad can make shelves. And at 8:30 we made it back home. So today was a bit of a long day if you keep in mind I made a 5 hour drive to get to them. During this time earlier today when we stopped at home for the drinks and magazines I looked at my hands. They were covered in mud. Making a pretend fuss about it I said, "Mom, I have 6 years of higher education. As a result, I have paid my dues and should not ever have hands like these." "Your zipper is down, Mr. 6 years."

0 comments: