Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rode a Hog

Yesterday evening I drove the 3 hours to meet Kelly, the friend of a friend I may be going on a road trip with. Up to this point we had exchanged some e-mails and talked on the phone. We seemed to hit it off pretty well in our early conversations. The first real call we had lasted an hour and half, and the second one another 45 minutes before I had to get off so I could get to sleep.

The plan was to grab dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings with our mutual friend and then we were to go play Frisbee Golf. I got rather lost on my way there, because I could not find the street I was supposed to turn onto. I think it may have been one of those streets that is called by another name, or maybe I just completely missed it. In any event I was far off my destination, but Kelly directed me in just fine.

Kelly rides a motorcycle and she had brought it with her. Within the first five minutes of me shaking her hand for the first time, we were on the bike and riding along. That was pretty great. My only concern was that there was essentially nothing keeping me on the bike. There were no side supports, so I felt I could have easily slipped right off. To emphasis my point I started wiggling around, this caused the entire bike to start shaking back and forth. But Kelly is a good rider and kept us upright.

Hmmm.....I'm at the library typing this and I thought I just saw Kaylee walk by looking for a book. Maybe I should go up to this random person.

No, I'm writing. So back to the post. After riding the bike for a short while, Kelly and I went in to wait for our mutual friend. My one word description of Kelly would be kind-hearted. I think we hit it off well, have similar personalities, and hopefully will have an amazing roadtrip later in early October. But those are my impressions. I still haven't gotten any good juicy details from our mutual friend about how Kelly feels. But she is the type of person who I could just ask outright and she'd be fine with it.

Our biggest problem appears to be music. She did not like my playing "When The Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin' Along." Or maybe she did not like singing, I'm not sure. But we both like 'The Moody Blues', so we might be alright.

0 comments: